If you are running any sort of an ecommerce website, you probably realize how important search engine optimization (SEO) is. Without its use, your website will be bypassed by the search engines, and your customers will be buying from your competition instead of you. So it is extremely important that you optimize every page of your website, not just your home page. Here are a few tips to help:
- Turn product pages into great content. Your product pages don’t have to simply describe your products. By using original images and entertaining descriptions, you can turn your product pages into some unique content.
- Optimize your URL. For example, instead of http://mysite.com/item123123, put your product name in your URL to attract more targeted traffic. Consider using http://mysite.com/category/product-name instead. Your product page will be more relevant to the search engines, and more likely to be visited by your potential customers.
- Concentrate on conversions. Design your pages with the most important content on the left and in the center of the page. Make sure your customers can add items to the shopping cart easily with one click, and simplify the check out process as much as possible. Don’t ask for more information than is necessary in the check out process or you could make your customers change their minds about their purchases.
- Use different types of media. Search engines also look for images, videos, and audio. Use some of these on your site to emphasize your product line, demonstrate product use, or give more information about the products. Use original content, and be sure to add your keywords in titles.
- Include your social media buttons. Make sure that each page on your website includes your social media buttons. You want your customers to be able to share their great shopping experience with their friends.
There are many other ideas to increase your page rank and get the most out of your website, but these tips will get you moving in the right direction.