Almost everyone now has a FaceBook account, mostly because it is the biggest social networking site on the internet. However, not everyone is completely familiar with FaceBook, and they have basic questions, but they are too shy to ask them. Therefore, I am going to try to answer some of the most basic questions asked in regards to FaceBook.
- What is The Different Between A FaceBook Profile and A FaceBook Page?
Just like with Google+, a FaceBook Profile is for personal accounts. A FaceBook page is for an entity, such as your company.
- I Accidentally Set Up A Profile Page, Can I Convert it To A FaceBook Page, Instead?
FaceBook has recently release a business migration tool that will allow you to do this, without losing any followers. Even though you will not lose any followers, you will lose page content and pictures. Also, if you have less than 100 friends, you are given the option to rename your FaceBook Page.
- I Have A FaceBook Page, Can I Add Another Administrator to The Account?
Yes, you can. Just head on over to the Applications page, select Page Manager, and then add someone else as a page administrator. Keep in mind, they must have a FaceBook account as well.
- How Do I Get A Page Vanity URL?
Firstly, you have to have 25 likes on your page (fans). Once you have gotten to that milestone, you can go to facebook.com/username, click “Select a Username” and then enter the username you wish to have. After that, press “Check Availability” and then you can confirm your username.
If you have any other basic FaceBook questions that you know of, and you have answers to them, please list them below. If you have found this information to be helpful, please let us know. We love knowing that we have helped our readers out.
If you want more Twitter followers, or more people to Like you on FaceBook you are going to have to offer them something in return. Most of the time simple information works, but some people take it a step further and offer people something more in order to gain followers, or to get people to Like them on FaceBook, so we are going to go over some example, and maybe it will get your creative juices flowing.
- Artist Made a Sketch of Every New Twitter Follower
An artist made a commitment that he would sketch the first 2,000 people that followed him on Twitter. Seemingly overnight his Twitter account blew up with a slew of new followers that were eager to have a sketch of themselves. He kept his word, and now he has a ton of new followers that are interested in his work.
- Wendy’s Gained 30k Twitter Followers Over The Span of A Month
Wendy’s hosted their own game show on Twitter. All you had to do was include a certain Twitter handle in your tweet to participate. In return, you could win all sorts of prizes and coupons. As a result of this, they gained 30k Twitter followers in a month.
- Offering Coupons or Special Deals
If you run your own business, or offer certain products that people be interested in, you should definitely consider offering coupons or discounts. A lot of companies are doing this and as a result they have gained tons of new fans on their social networking pages. For instance, Healthy Choice’s fan count grew from 7,000 Fans on FaceBook to over 60,000.
If you have any other examples of ways to increase engagement on social networking websites please let us know.
Go to Twitter and create an account. You can do this by going to www.Twitter.com and clicking on the “Get Started – Join” link at the top of the page. The sign-up process s is fairly simple, so you should not have a problem getting started at all.
- Start posting some updates. The great thing about Twitter is the fact that you are limited to only 140 characters, which equalizes the playing field, especially if you are not a very good writer. Almost anyone can be a great writer when they are limited to only 140 characters, so get to posting links to news articles, talk about an interesting idea you had, talk about what you are cooking for dinner, etc… Just keep your Twitter account updated consistently.
- Start making some friends on Twitter. Making friends on Twitter is extremely simple. When you find someone that you are interested in, all you have to do is click on the “Follow” button, and you will be graced with their updates from there-on. Most commonly, the person you decide to follow will also follow you back. After that, begin interacting with them.
- Posting URLs Properly. This is one thing you will have to get good at, because if your URL is extremely long, it will not leave you much room to write anything because of the 140 character limit. Therefore, when posting a URL you should use a URL shortening service such as TinyURL.
- Chat with other Twitter users. If you want to have a successful following on Twitter, you should mention other people in your posts, and reply to direct messages whenever you receive them. Interacting with your followers will definitely make you a success on Twitter.
If you have any other Twitter tips for marketing and PR purposes please leave a comment below this post and let us know. We would love to hear your input on the subject.
It has been proven that posts made on FaceBook between the hours of 8pm – 7am have 20% more user engagement, than posts made between the hours of 8am – 7pm. If you think about this, it makes complete sense why there is such an increase in social engagement in the later hours. During the hours of 8am – 7pm most people are going to still be at work, or in school. Therefore, they are most likely not going to have the ability to interact with FaceBook, and if they do, it certainly will not be for an extended period of time. Once they are home, they are able to spend more time on FaceBook, doing what they want to do.
Most companies frown upon the use of social media websites in the work place. Therefore, most people are not going to risk their job just so they can log onto FaceBook and see what their friends are up to, and they are certainly not going to risk logging in and clicking on one of the links that you have posted up. Therefore, most people keep their daily FaceBook use to a minimum.
Therefore, if you want to run a successful FaceBook campaign, you have to do your research. Keep different time zones in mind, and how people interact with FaceBook during different times of the day. If you can tap into this strategy, you will undoubtedly get more traffic from FaceBook, and be able to take full advantage of your FaceBook account. A lot of people do not even think about this aspect of FaceBook marketing, so you need to take advantage of it to its fullest.
If you decide to employ this strategy please let us know how it worked for you. As always, if you have any other FaceBook tips, we would love to hear them. Just leave a comment below.
If you want to increase the visibility among your fans and their networks on FaceBook, you need to begin encouraging your fans to interact with your content. Therefore, you have to know your FaceBook fans, and understand what kind of content is interesting to them. Once you have that figured out, you have to begin creating the type of content that appeals to them, or you have to share content that will appeal to them. If you want to increase your click-through-ratio, you have to begin encouraging your audience to interact with your content. You should do this by staying active on your FaceBook account, and asking people to like your posts, or to comment on your posts.
You can do this many ways, but one way is to ask them questions, or ask their opinion on something. Once someone replies, begin engaging them in conversation, more likely than not, other people will also begin to participate in the comments sections of your posts. If you want to be able to manage your FaceBook fans successfully, you have to be willing to take these steps. Nine times out of ten, if you ask someone to do something on FaceBook, such as like your post, they will do it. Therefore, the simplest way to get interaction with your fans is by asking for it.
Make sure you have great writing skills whenever you post on FaceBook, and communicate with your fans. If you have written skills of that of a third grader, you will be looked at as a joke, and an unreliable and unprofessional source of information.
Do you agree with these tips? Have you tried them on your own FaceBook page? If not, give them a try and let us know how they worked out for you.